Did you know JFFS provides a comprehensive array of services for older adults that address their practical, emotional, physical and spiritual needs? Silver Streak Transportation is one of these services.
Silver Streak helps older adults, 60+, who cannot drive, maintain their connections to friends and family, be active and involved in the community, run important errands, and attend medical and social service appointments. The program also serves individuals under 60 with temporary and permanent disabilities.
You can give the gift of independence to a person who has lost their mobility and is isolated at home. Our drivers help seniors, people with disabilities, cancer patients, and domestic violence survivors get to medical appointments, receive cancer treatment, go shopping and connect to the world. The profound difference our volunteers make is truly extraordinary.
Our Volunteer Drivers:
• Provide rides using their own vehicles
• Choose the times, days and areas they wish to drive
• Drive as much or little as they want
• Receive reimbursement for mileage and parking costs
• Are at least 19 years old with a valid CA driver license and good driving record
Find Out How You Can Volunteer