Thank you for your interest in becoming a Mentor for the Orange County Media Room, a joint initiative of Act.IL and the Rose Project of Jewish Federation & Family Services.
As a mentor, you’ll lead a local effort, and join a global online community, that seeks to create a positive influence on international public opinion of Israel via social media. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a cohort of passionate students, guiding them in the areas of marketing, running campaigns, training and online activism as together you counter online delegitimization.
The program will run from September 2018 through May 2019.
- Ability to work well independently, with a team, and with young people
- Some leadership and public speaking experience
- Ability to lead volunteers
- Social media proficiency
- Preference is given to those with graphic design, creative, marketing, research and education skills
Mentors should be able to:
- Staff the OC Media Room every Tuesday evening from 6 to 9 p.m. The Media Room is located at the office of Jewish Federation & Family Services, 1 Federation Way, Irvine.
- Attend a mandatory training workshop (dates to be announced)
- Guide students in the operation occasional "pop-up" Media Room stations at local community centers, congregations, community events, etc.
- Participate in occasional, exclusive opportunities including speaking engagements, meetings, conferences, etc.
Interested in joining our team? Please contact Lisa Armony at Lisa@JFFS.org for more information.