Dr. David C. Kraemer is the Joseph J. and Dora Abbell Librarian and Professor of Talmud and Rabbinics at the Jewish Theological Seminary. His focus as a professor at is on the literary analysis of rabbinic literature, rabbinic ritual, and the social and religious history of Jews in late antiquity. H
Dr. Kraemer is a prolific author and commentator. In addition to his books (see below), he has written influential articles on the biblical books of Ezra and Nehemiah, the Mishnah, and other subjects, along with a commentary on Paul's Letter to the Ephesians (in The Jewish Annotated New Testament, 2nd edition). Professor Kraemer is now working on a History of the Talmud: From its Origins to the Present Day.
• Jewish Eating and Identity Through the Ages
• Judaism and Islam: The Shared Tradition
• Rare Gems of Jewish Culture:
• Hebrew Manuscripts and the Secret of Jewish Cultural Survival
• Judaism and Christianity: What are the Real Differences?
Sponsor: Community Scholar Program (CSP)