Mrs. Jack Finkelstein

Orange County’s first Conservative congregation, Temple Beth Emet of Anaheim, was founded in 1956 and was the second synagogue in the growing Jewish community.  Long-time members Jack and Elaine Finkelstein have served in many capacities over the years, including Jack as president of the shul and Elaine as a Sunday school teacher.  In Beth Emet’s 1965 directory, Elaine, then president of the nursery school, wrote that “Our purpose is to guide the children’s growth towards self-understanding; to learn about others; to become more aware of the world around them; and to introduce the children to Jewish culture.”  Judging from the active involvement of many of its members, past and present, in Jewish life in Orange County, Beth Emet succeeded greatly.

 

Photo Caption: Elaine Finkelstein, 1965

 

0Comments

Add Comment